Geriatric Dentistry: The Fastest Growing Demographic in Dentistry
Lou Graham, DDS
Multi-specialty group practice, University Dental Professionals, Chicago, IL
Internationally recognized lecturer; founder of the Catapult Group.
Dr. Graham is an internationally recognized lecturer extensively involved in continuing education for dental professionals. His lectures focus on incorporating current clinical advancements through “conservative dentistry.” He emphasizes the same concepts he practices: dental health diagnosis, treatment plans for medically compromised patients, conservative treatment, cosmetic dentistry, and customized approaches to periodontal care, implants and laser dentistry. Dr. Graham is the founder of the Catapult Group, a continuing education company whose philosophy and programs use contemporary, interactive formats to integrate time- proven conservative dentistry with 21st century materials and techniques. He is a published author in many leading national and international dental journals. He is a member of the American Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, Chicago Dental Society and Illinois Dental Association. Dr. Graham is a graduate of Emory Dental School. He is the former Dental Director of the University of Chicago’s Department of Dentistry. He enjoys providing dental care at his multi-specialty private practice group, University Dental Professionals, in Chicago, IL – Hyde Park.
With patients entering their 8th and 9th decades of life and even more, our role as health care providers continues to face new challenges in treating this population. As these patients walk into our offices, they present challenges that are often unique and require customized approaches to their care.
Upon successful completion of this course, attendees will learn:
- Prevention is for all ages and doesn’t stop here!
- Why this patient population loves our in-office: PREVENTION PLAN”
- Customizing your approaches for plaque, xerostomia and so much more.
- Reparative dentistry, when, where and why and what materials are best to utilize
- Customized periodontal protocols that go beyond brushing and flossing
- Advanced restoratives technique for: post and cores, deep class 2’s, “elevating the margin” technique, perio-splinting, choosing the right cement